Friday, April 30, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Calling all Sistah’s!
The Digi Shack Design Team Call
It’s that time again where we are looking for a few fresh faces to join The Digi Shack.
If you LOVE digi’s you’ll love being part of our family! We are looking for new design team members. We’ve recently lowered our prices on our images to just $1 each to do our part in saving the world of paper crafter’s money! We are also adding a few new lines to our shop including some fabulous templates!
U.S. and International English speaking applicants
Please read the following very carefully before submitting your application. It is very important that youfollow the directions as that too is part of the determining factor of you becoming a DT member
· 3 pictures of your VERY BEST work. Photos must be sized at 640x480. This can either be cards, layouts with pictures or altered items
· A paragraph (not a sentence) about you and why you want to be a Shack Sistah and what you will do to promote The Digi Shack.
· A clickable link to your blog
· A clickable link to your online gallery or galleries
· A list of clickable links to all Design teams you are on. It is favorable that you are not active on more than 3 design teams while you are with TDS.
What is expected of DT members?
If you are chosen to be a Shack Sistah you will be expected to:
· Complete weekly challenges and post to your blog on the challenge day(s).
· Post comments and photos on SNR and PCP and other social networking sites.(this means you will have to have a user account at SNR and PCP)
· You will also be required to leave comments on blogs for all of our TDS fans that participate in our challenges and your sistah’s blogs
· Participate in ALL TDS events where sufficient notice is given.
· It is not required but we encourage all DT members to submit their artwork to magazine publication at least once a month. A list of publications will be provided for you on the DT blog.
You will also be required to participate in Digi Day on SNR on the 1st Saturday of EVERY MONTH for your term.(this date is subject to change without notice) as well as our monthly Ustream live video feeds (you do not need to have a webcam but you do need to sign up for a free Ustream account so that you can participate in the live chats)
You must use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your internet browser in order to view all of our images – both safer than IE and free to download. Our images are not always visible on IE. This does not mean if you use IE you have to delete it, you just need to use Firefox or Chrome while working with TDS images and blogs. You can have more than one browser installed on your computer and it should not harm or interfere with your system.
You must also know and understand how to use digital images. No special software is required but you must be able to print digital images in order to showcase them. Further, you must have a working knowledge of blogging software and understand the basic principles of inserting links, adding photos, etc.
A digital camera to photograph your work is required. No scanned images please.
You will be required to promote TDS by placing a clickable blog button on your blog. (This will be provided to you by TDS if you are chosen to be on the team)
You must have a blog that is updated at least 3 times a week.
You must be willing to commit to a 3 month term (June 1, 2010-Sept 1, 2010)
You will be required to check the DT blog daily to check for updates or new events. This is our main form of communication.
You must be willing to work under short notice. I am not a planner and more often than not, I plan things at the last minute.
Failure to comply with the above terms may result in termination with or without notice.
What do DT members get as part of being on the team?
You will receive free TDS images! This round we are doing things a bit different. Once selected as part of the DT you will receive 3 images of your choice to create with to announce your position on the team. Once I see that these three images are used you may choose 3 more and so on. I’ve found that if I freely give out images then they are not being used to showcase TDS. This isn’t just about getting free images, your position on the DT is to showcase and promote The Digi Shack. As long as you are creating with our images and showcasing them, you will receive all of your requested images. Please remember that this is a serious commitment and I expect that you treat it as such if you are chosen. Please do not apply if you can not commit.
Monthly we will be releasing new images and you will automatically be sent those images before the release date so that you can sneak peek those new arrivals. Those new releases do not count towards your images of choice.
If you think you have what it takes to be a Shack Sistah email your application with DESIGN TEAM in the subject line by May 15, 2010 – Any applications with anything more or less than DESIGN TEAM in the subject line will be disqualified.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
and for once in my life, I have something finished ahead of time. Those of you, who know me and know me well... know that I **tend** to wait until the LAST possible second to do anything. Hey, it has worked for me for so long.... I tend to like it.